AMERICA (US) VISA DV LOTTERY 2020/2021 APPLICATION- Green Card /Direct application link and how to APPLY & registration
A “green card” is an identification card issued to people who have been given the opportunity to becoming a permanent resident in the United States.
In other words, a “Green card” is an identification card that confirms your eligibility as a permanent resident of the United States.
Though this identification card has a green color, the main reason why it’s referred to as ‘green card’ is because it is valid for a very long period of time.
Green Card is officially known as Permanent Resident Card(PRC) among the US citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) so you shouldn’t be confused whenever you hear PRC instead of ‘green Card’
Conditions That Warrant Your Chances Of Getting a Green Card
Green card isn’t offered to everyone because there are some conditions attached to the issuance of the card. These conditions are listed below:
- If you have a family relationship with a U.S Citizen or any permanent resident.
- If you receive a job offer from a U.S. employer.
- If you invest a huge sum of money in a U.S. business
- If you win the diversity Visa Lottery.
- If you’ve spent at least a year in the U.S. as a refugee
- If you fit into one of the numerous slot for ‘special immigrants.’
We shall be discussing this conditions one after the other, and our focus for today is the Diversity Visa Lottery.
What is Diversity Visa Lottery?
As said earlier, Diversity Visa Lottery is one of the conditions or ways in which you can be granted a green card or PRC (Permanent Resident Card) by US immigration services.
It is a program created and controlled by the US State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs, and it is established for the purpose of offering not less than 50,000 green cards to countries with a very low immigration level to the United States.
This program is introduced in 1990 in order to enhance the diversity in US population. The US government want to have different races in the country, so it comes up with the idea of giving people from other countries and continents a massive chance of becoming a permanent resident in United States via the program.
However, you can’t participate in this wonderful and exciting program if your country has more than 50,000 immigrants in US within the space of five years.
The last edition of this visa lottery program occurred in 2018( because it’s an annual event) and some countries — including Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, South Korea, United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland) and Vietnam — were ineligible to participate.
Apart from helping you win a green card, Diversity Visa Lottery also provides you with an opportunity to migrate to US with your spouse and under-21 children who are yet to marry.
How To Participate In The Diversity Visa Lottery
Note that registration for this year’s edition of the Diversity Visa Lottery was conducted in 2017, while the one for 2020 was concluded last year.
This means that the registration for DV-2021 ( 2021’s edition of the Diversity Visa Lottery) is scheduled to begin in October and it is expected to last until November.
For you to successfully participate in this awesome program, you will need to complete some steps and procedures, which are listed below:
- Visit The State Department’s Website For Online Application/Registration Form:
This is the first and the most important step to take if you desire a positive result at the end of the annual exercise. Visit dvlottery.state.gov to start your registration process.
- Provide Accurate Information While Filling The Form :
You must ensure that all your personal and necessary information is accurately inserted into the form because a slight error might hinder you from being picked among the winners.
You must see that you provide accurate and up-to-date information about yourself when filling the online form.
- Submit Your Registration Form:
It is advisable you double-check every information you’ve provided in the form to avoid making any costly error.
Once you finish cross-checking the form, submit it by clicking on the ‘submit button‘ on the page.
You must not register on two occasions as that will automatically disqualify you from being chosen among the lucky winners. This is why you must be extremely careful while filling your registration form.
Criteria Needed Before You Can Participate In The Program
* US High School Degree or Equivalent Degree:
You must possess a US High School Certificate before your application can be considered by concerned authorities.
Alternatively, you must have completed at least a 12-year elementary and secondary school course for you to qualify for the free-of-charge program.
In Nigeria, this means that you must have O-level certificate before you can be eligible to participate in the program.
- Two Years Work Experience:
This is another alternative criterion that determines if you are really interested in registering for the program. You must possess at least two years of working experience in one of the jobs listed below:
- Administrative Law Judges, Adjudicators, and Hearing Officers
- Administrative Services Managers
- Adult Literacy, Remedial Education, and GED Teachers and Instructors
- Advertising and Promotions Managers
- Aerospace Engineering and Operations
- Aerospace Engineers
- Agricultural Crop Farm Managers
- Agricultural Engineers
- Agricultural Inspectors
- Agricultural Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary Air Traffic Controllers
- Aircraft Engine Specialists
- Airframe-and-Power-Plant Mechanics
- Airline Pilots, Copilots, and Flight Engineers
- Animal Scientists
- Anthropology and Archeology Teachers.
- Arbitrators, Mediators, and Conciliators
- Architectural Drafters
- Area, Ethnic, and Cultural Studies Teachers (Postsecondary)
- Art Directors
- Art, Drama, and Music Teachers (Postsecondary)
- Athletic Trainers
- Atmospheric and Space Scientists
- Audio and Video Equipment Technicians
- Aviation Inspectors
- Avionics Technicians
- Biological Science Teachers (Postsecondary)
- Boat Builders and Shipwrights
- Broadcast News Analysts
- Broadcast Technicians
- Budget Analysts
- Calibration and Instrumentation Technicians
- Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers
- Camera Operators
- Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Motion picture
- Carpet Installers
- Cartographers and Photogrammetrists
- Ceiling Tile Installers
- Central Office and PBX Installers and Repairers
- Chefs and Head Cooks
- Chemical Engineers
- Chemistry Teachers (Postsecondary)
Chemists . https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/diversity-visa-program-entry.html to see the full list.
- You Must Come From Qualifying Country:
The list of qualifying countries changes on annual basis, so it is mandatory you make online enquiries to know if citizens of your country are eligible to participate. As for the 2021 Diversity Visa Lottery, the countries below are ineligible to participate:
- China (only Mainland)
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- South Korea
- United Kingdom (except Northern
Am Ike Michael , i love to write articles that will be helpful to Nigerians as relates to business, health, general information, education-jamb candidates most especially. Postutmeadmission is a blog design not only to help jamb candidates but also to help you know when your school of choice are conducting their screening exercise.
Apart from jamb and postutme update we also give other information on WAEC , NECO and GCE.
feel free to contact me on Facebook, pinterest, Twitter or LinkedIn. For those who will love to contact me on dribbble or vk you can do that as well as i will be ready to still share some valuable information on all educational topics in Nigeria.