See prices of POS machine in Nigeria and dealers that sells them 2019
In this article you will get the latest prices of POS machine in Nigeria, we shall show you various brands and how to identify quality ones.
POS machine is also known as point of sale terminal although most people only know it as POS.
POS machine allows small and medium business enterprise to accept payments for goods and services, it helps eliminate a lot of problems such as unavailability of small changes, help reduces the burden of keeping large cash in the vault, it also help to eliminate or reduce the stress of running to the bank each morning to deposit your daily sale.
The importance of POS to small business can not be overemphasized, in fact it was introduced by CBN around 2012 with the aim of implementing it cashless policy in the economy.
Today most businesses have now embrace the use of POS machine from the small fuel stations, shop selling phones and it accessories, electronics, books shop all have a small POS machine on their table or hanging on the wall.
- 1 Why you should get a POS machine today:
- 2 Brands of POS machine In Nigeria :
- 3 POS machine dealers in Nigeria :
- 4 how to get pos machine from bank
- 5 Let’s take a look at some of then banks below :
- 6 POS machine dealers in Nigeria today:
Why you should get a POS machine today:
- Eliminate human errors : POS can actually be use to make sure that prices of goods are kept under check irrespective of the changes of prices in the market. if you really want to eliminate human errors in your business then you should consider adopting a POS machine in your business today.
- Helps to record transactions : POS helps you to record day to day transactions automatically which you can use at the end of the month or year to monitor the daily cash flows hence help you develop the best means of improving your business.
- Helps to track the performance of your staff : Do you know that you can use a POS machine to know how many hours your staff has worked in a day and also the number of transactions he or she performed? with this you can easily identify underperforming staff from those who really care about the growth and daily turnover of your business.
Brands of POS machine In Nigeria :
Just like every other products POS also have various types of brands in the market. Different manufacturers tried to manufacture based on customer’s demand.
Of the well known brands that are widely used in Nigeria as at today are:
- ingenico and
There are other brands that carries more functionalities than others, have it in mind that the more functionality a POS machine has the more money you will have to pay to get them.
POS machine dealers in Nigeria :
It won’t be cool getting a POS machine from the open market because criminals can actually alter the functionalities, install malware that will actually steal the credit card details of customers on the other hand most banks won’t allow you connect with their system since they can’t trust where you get your POS machine from.
This is the main reason you have to get your bank involved from the onset.
Because of the above reasons the central bank of Nigeria has to step in, appoint a body that will help regulate and oversee how payments are done and carried out via a POS machine, this regulatory body is the Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System (NIBTSS) Plc. get a complete list here
how to get pos machine from bank
Because of the sensitive nature of this service, the banks are the only body that you can approach if you really want to get a POS machine today.
You have to go straight to your bank, talk to them and give them a reason why you need a POS machine for your business.
Most banks will require you to open a business account (corporate account) with them which is normal although you need few documentation to get a corporate account today.
Let’s take a look at some of then banks below :
Have it in mind that all banks have their terms and conditions and it differs from bank to bank, so you need to read this terms and conditions very well before putting down your signature on any document.
zenith banks won’t stress you that much in fact it takes less than 3 business days to get your POS machine activated but first you will need to have a corporate account with them for a period of 6 months, they must have monitored your day to day transactions before approving your business to implement a POS.
You can Contact zenith bank via mail through :
firstname.lastname@example.org and also copy Zenithdirect@zenithbank.com. Zenithdirect@zenithbank.com
GTBANK requires you to have a current account and you must operate it for at least 6 months , you can reach the bank via email@example.com
with SKYE Bank now Polaris bank you can apply with your savings account that you operate with the bank.
What you need to understand here is that most big banks will require you to go through stringent rules while most smaller banks won’t stress you That much, to save your self much stress you can decide which of the banks you can partner with.
Finally have it in mind that you will be charge 0.75% per transaction
POS machine dealers in Nigeria today:
- BFM Consulting (36B, 2nd Floor, Toyin Street, Toyin Street, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria)
- Neo Hitech Solutions Ltd (62B, Opebi Road, Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria)
- Elite ShieldPro (2, cmd road, ikosi ketu, Magodo, Kosofe, Lagos, Nigeria)
- Platinum Grade (5, Mojisola Street, Ifako-Agege, Ifako Ijaiye, Lagos, Nigeria)
- ICT and I (Suite 4, 21, Opebi Road, Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria)
- Wamcom Associates (5, Medical Road, Adjacent Computer Village, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria)
- Boromax Global Limited (12, Simbiat Abiola Way, Computer Village, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria)
- E-Print Solutions (E13/01, Arena Shopping Complex, Bolade, Oshodi Isolo, Lagos, Nigeria)
- Citiserve Limited ( 368, Ikorodu Road, Maryland, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria)
We will like to get your feedback about the prices we listed above
Am Ike Michael , i love to write articles that will be helpful to Nigerians as relates to business, health, general information, education-jamb candidates most especially. Postutmeadmission is a blog design not only to help jamb candidates but also to help you know when your school of choice are conducting their screening exercise.
Apart from jamb and postutme update we also give other information on WAEC , NECO and GCE.
feel free to contact me on Facebook, pinterest, Twitter or LinkedIn. For those who will love to contact me on dribbble or vk you can do that as well as i will be ready to still share some valuable information on all educational topics in Nigeria.